Thursday 18 September 2014

 photo post-mark.png

Reading as a distraction from depression

This will be a very short, quick post (I have a massive headache that barely lets me think).

Reading is a great distraction from depression.
For me, for the last 2 years (despite always having loved reading) I was unable to find pleasure reading as it was really hard to concentrate.
However, this year in January I finally sat down with a book and decided to read and keep on going no matter what, even if I was barely understanding it, I would keep going. And even though it felt sort of awkward and unnatural and the book was not my favorite, I knew no book would be my favorite because of the circumstances. And after I finally closed it after longer than usual and took another one, it felt slightly easier. And that way, reading has become one of my favorite things to do again.

I have been reading Young Adult novels and New Adult novels because they keep me distracted the most, they are easy to read and take me away. For some reason I don't really understand, I do like books where the characters have issues... Maybe to know how they face their issues? I'm not really sure to be fair.

So I want to encourage you to read to distract yourself from depression, read what you like the most, what keeps you distracted.

Find me on Goodreads here. And add me, and recommend books to me, because I always appreciate book recommendations (one of my favorite things to do is to read book synopsis.... am I weird?)





May's books

Pushing the Limits
3 of 5 stars
Could be triggering if you suffer depression, anxiety and/or bipolar disorder at this moment of time. May.

goodreads.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme